It took me 10 years to unlearn what I have learned for last 20 years. I had to make this effort entirely on my own. School never brought me any kind of valuable education of how I could become a better myself.
I was attending a school which imposed a strict model I was supposed to fit in. There was no room for creative thinking. For questioning. For brainstorming. Memorizing useless definitions robbed the most valuable time in my life when I was still full of enthusiasm to learn. It burnt out my ability to see things clearly. It left me with a feeling of nonsense. I was not allowed to search for my way of unserstanding the things. My knowledge had to match the key which we all were measured with. It was terrible to see how great potentials were ruined by a lack of idea what to do with them.
Difference between school and life? School teaches you lessons and then give you a test. Life gives you a test and then you learn the lessons.
I was not a genious. I was not extremely talented. But I was keen on maths, physics and geography. Until I’ve got teachers who managed to make me loose all interest in those subjects. There were not a source of help, guidance and inspiration to reach higher. They seemed like teaching was a punishment for them. They could win first prize for the most boring lessons which have ever been conducted. The worst thing is that nobody was even checking on them, on how they were wasting their and our time.
Here are things I’ve never learned at school:
- There is no one answer to the question
- Different does not mean worse
- Personality matters
- Everyone has got a talent
- Everyone deserves respect
- Theory is nothing if you don’t put in practice
- You need to believe in yourself
- Mistakes are fine unless they are repetitive
- You can be whoever you want
- You can do whatever you dream about
- Money has no value until you spend it
- You don’t have to have money in order to be rich
- If you need help, ask for it
- You don’t have to be good at everything. Be the best at what you’re already good at.
Thank you for reading this post! It was a pleasure to write it for you. If you enjoyed the post please like it, comment on it or share it. Your support means a lot to me.
Would you like to share your feedback? You’re more than welcome! Please write to:
Thank you for being here with me,